Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Circus

Adam and I went to the Shrine Circus this past Saturday.

Got there at 9:30 for 10am show. Spent $50 before I could get my wallet back in my pocket. Admission, light up sword, horse ride, cotton candy, snow cone -- Adam was happy.

Adam enjoyed the first hour or so, and then not so much -- Adam was not happy.

I told him we needed to wait until "half time" (he remembered from the prior year that all the lights come back on) and then we could go if he wanted -- Adam was sort of content

Intermission... they brought back out all the elephant ride, face painting, snake/alligator pics, etc -- Adam was re-energized

Back up to seats. "Adam are you sure you want to stay?" "Yep" -- Ok?

The first act after Intermission... "Dad we have to go" (Re-read the Cars 2 post if you want to know what I am thinking at this point) -- Dad is nervous

Gather up both coats, what's left of the snow cone, cotton candy, his sword and crawl out over the people seated next to me, and get to top of section. Go to put Adam's coat on and ask him "Buddy, where's your hat" "Back at the seat" -- Dad is thinking "...awesome"

Leave Adam with the usher. Crawl back over the guys who refuse to stand up. Get to my seat and root around on the ground. Find hat and crawl back over 4 grumbling upstanding members of society I am sure -- Dad is relieved about the hat.

Out to car. Blowing freezing cold and it's after lunch time -- Adam is moody.

Get Adam strapped in. Reach for phone to call wife for lunch plans. No phone. Empty pockets. No phone. Check back seat. No phone -- Dad is freaking out.

Run with Adam in arms back to Arena. Usher giving me grief about no re-admittance. Usher follows me to aisle. Leave Adam with Usher round 2. Door Usher and I down to our seats with flashlight. Crawl over assholes who again don't stand up. Shine flashlight on ground. Pitch black arena, black phone case. No phone. Usher offers to call phone. I can just barely pick up the outline of the phone lighting up. I pick up phone -- Dad is happy.

Crawl back out. Guy #2 makes a comment to me -- Dad is pissed.

I turn to look over shoulder, usher grabs me by the shoulder, pulls me into aisle and says "No" (What am I doing? White Trash rumble at LC Walker Arena?)

Grab Adam and we go. Hot, sweating, tired but all's well that ends well.

Just another Flentastic event...

No comments: